WordPress is a popular content management and web hosting platform for creating blogs and other websites. Almost 43% of websites use WordPress as CMS. Consequently, there is a good possibility that you have visited or are currently using a WordPress website.
WordPress is constantly targeted by criminals and hackers who want to disrupt networks and potentially steal user data because of its popularity. Due to such threats, applying a security plugin to a WordPress site is crucial because such attempts may result in enormous losses for users and companies.
Best WordPress security plugins
Here is a list of best security plugins for securing your WordPress website.
Sucuri is a tool for safeguarding websites against various hacking attempts.
Users can take back control of compromised websites with Sucuri before damaging the site’s reputation. Sucuri estimates that 4% or so of web traffic is malicious. Additionally, DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks rise by 125% annually. Sucuri provides five essential features to address these problems.
- Detection. Sucuri can scan websites for malware, hacking attempts, and blacklist status. A continuous website monitoring system with frequent updates and alarms is guaranteed for users. Sucuri employs a sophisticated malware scanner to find all types of threats.
- Protection. Websites are protected from assaults by Sucuri’s Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and Web Application Firewall (WAF). These elements make it easier to prevent zero-day exploits and to lessen brute-force and DDoS attacks.
- Performance. Sucuri uses a CDN (content delivery network) that automatically caches website content to enhance website performance and user experience.
- Response. Sucuri can assist in removing malware, SEO spam, and blacklist status if a website has been hacked. The organization has a quick reaction staff ready and waiting to handle malware alerts.
- Backup for WordPress. Sucuri assists you in backing up data, which can be helpful, particularly when a website is compromised.
WordPress websites benefit from extensive protection provided by Wordfence. A group of software engineers, threat researchers, and security analysts make up the organization. There are currently more than 4 million active installations of the Wordfence security plugin. Additionally, it has blacklisted over 60,000 malicious IPS and blocked over 12 billion attacks.
Wordfence offers functions like malware scanning, centralized management, two-factor authentication, and login and firewall security. In certain circumstances, it may help restrict login attempts. A 24-hour incident response team is also present at the company.
IP access control, brute force protection, and XMLRPC protection are all included in the login security feature. A reCAPTCHA code is also present to prevent automated attacks. Wordfence offers safe, open standards for users and administrators regarding two-factor authentication. Using the Wordfence website firewall is essential to find and prevent vulnerabilities in the WordPress core, themes, and plugins.
With the help of the security plugin MalCare, WordPress site owners can strengthen overall security and performance.
MalCare offers real-time WordPress firewall protection as well as automated malware scans. Protection against bots, database backups, and activity logs are crucial features.
The malware removal feature enables website owners to quickly and easily remove threats and dangerous code. Therefore, this technique aids in resolving a situation before it has adverse effects. The malware scanner can analyze a WordPress website, including the database and related files. Additionally, it notifies users anytime weak plugins and themes are found.
Another MalCare element is ensuring that Google does not blacklist your website. This is possible through fast detection and elimination of malware. WordPress website developers can also prevent brute force attacks and hacking using the real-time firewall.
The security of your website can be automated with the help of the iThemes WordPress plugin. The security plugin by iThemes keeps an eye out for unusual activity, prevents automated attacks, fortifies user credentials, and lessens spam. Additionally, it identifies insecure plugins and themes and stops bots.
All in One WP Security & Firewall
A reliable, open-source, and simple-to-install security plugin is All in One WP Security & Firewall. It searches for weaknesses and responds appropriately if a security breach is found. Security of databases and systems is the main focus of this plugin. Additionally, it has firewall and blacklist functionality and comments spam protection. It’s free to get the All in One WP Security & Firewall plugin.